Are you an established, leading principal investigator who wants long-term funding to pursue a ground-breaking, high-risk project? The ERC Advanced Grant could be for you.
This call should be launched each year from 2021.
HE – ERC ADVANCED GRANTS Scope:
The ERC Consolidator Grants are designed to support excellent Principal Investigators being exceptional leaders in terms of originality and significance of their research contributions. No specific eligibility criteria with respect to the academic requirements are foreseen. Principal Investigators are expected to be active researchers who have a track-record of significant research achievements in the last 10 years..
Size of ERC Advanced Grants
Adacanced Grants may be awarded up to a maximum of EUR 2 500 000 for a period of 5 years. The maximum size of the grants is reduced pro rata temporis for projects of a shorter duration. (This does not apply to ongoing projects).
Additional funding up to EUR 1 000 000.can be requested in the proposal to cover the following eligible costs when these are necessary to carry out the proposed work: (a) « start-up » costs for Principal Investigators moving to the EU or an Associated Country from elsewhere as a consequence of receiving the ERC grant and/or (b) the purchase of major equipment and/or (c) access to large facilities and/or (d) other major experimental and field work costs, excluding personnel costs.
Additional funding is not subject to pro rata temporis reduction for projects of shorter duration.
All funding requested is assessed during evaluation.
Profile of the ERC Advenced Grant Principal Investigator
ERC Advanced Grant Principal Investigators are expected to be active researchers and to have a track record of significant research achievements in the last 10 years which must be presented in the application.
- Up to 10 representative publications, from the last ten years, as main author(or in those fields where alphabetic order of authorship is the norm, joint author) in major international peer-reviewed multi-disciplinary scientific journals and/or in the leading international peer-reviewed journals and peer-reviewed conference proceedings of their respective research fields;
- Research monographs and any translations thereof;
- Granted patents;
- Invited presentations to internationally established conferences and/or international advanced schools;
- Research expeditions that the applicant Principal Investigator has led;
- Organisation of international conferences in the field of the applicant (membership in the steering and/or organising committee);
- Prizes, awards, academy memberships;
- Major contributions to the early careers of excellent researchers;
- Examples of innovation leadership.
For further information, please see the ERC Work Programme 2021.
Dates clefs de l'appel à projet
- 20 January 2022 - Opening date 2022
- 28 April 2022 - Deadline date 2022