The Offshore Wind Accelerator (OWA) is a collaborative R&D programme between The Carbon Trust, SSE Renewables Developments (UK) Limited, Ørsted Wind Power A/S, Innogy SE, ScottishPower Renewables (UK) Limited, EquinorASA, Shell Global Solutions International B.V., E.ON Climate & Renewables GmbH, Vattenfall Wind Power Ltd and ENBW Energie Baden-Württemberg AG that aims to reduce the cost of offshore wind as well as provide insights regarding industry standard (and best practice) health and safety requirements.
The Carbon Trust WTG power converter tender is calling for entries from companies and consortia interested in undertaking a study to determine the most significant failure modes in WTG power converters and evaluate innovative technologies and methods for a predictive maintenance strategy.
The main objectives of this work are to:
- Investigate WTG failure modes with particular focus on power converters
- Investigate the root-causes of these failure modes
- Review power converter component design and innovative monitoring technology
- Produce best practice guidelines for proactive repair and refurbishment of components together with proactive approaches for scheduled maintenance.
For further details, please see the relevant document below and the Carbon Trust website.
Please contact WEAMEC if you are intesrested to get in touch with our members active in the Exploitation & SHM value chain.
Dates clefs de l'appel à projet
- 23 September 2020 - Tender launches
- 2nd October 2020 - Deadline for receipt of clarification questions
- 28 October 2020 - Deadline for applications