WECANet network is pleased to announce the 6th call for STSM applications.
6th Call for Short Term Scientific Missions (STSMs) Applications
Missions occurring between 01/06/2021 and 15/09/2021
WECANet network is pleased to announce the 6th call for STSM applications. We encourage all potential applicants to consider the objectives of WECANet and to apply according to the STSM guidelines.
The STSMs must contribute to the scientific objectives of one or more WECANet Working Groups (WGs):
- WG1 Numerical hydrodynamic modelling for WECs, WEC arrays/farms and wave energy resources (accuracy, uncertainty, coupling, applicability, usability);
- WG2 Experimental hydrodynamic modelling and testing of WECs, WEC arrays/farms, PTO systems, and field data (accuracy, uncertainty, testing facility suitability, measurement techniques);
- WG3 Technology of WECs and WEC arrays: The activities of WECANet aim to reduce costs and risks of wave energy technologies, and to contribute to the advancement of the sector;
- WG4 Impacts and economics of wave energy and how they affect decision- and policy-making: The activities of WECANet aim to reduce uncertainties when deciding on wave energy investments, and to contribute to increasing confidence of potential investors.
Detailed information regarding the objectives and activities of each WG are presented in the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) of the present Action.
SHORT TERM SCIENTIFIC MISSIONS
Short Term Scientific Missions (STSMs) are exchange visits aimed at supporting individual mobility, serving as a key tool to support WECANet (CA17105). They allow participating scientists to visit an institution or laboratory in another Participating WECANet COST Country.
STSMs are aimed to promote research collaborations, to learn about new research techniques or to perform numerical modelling or experiments using instruments/tools and/or methodologies not available in or of interest for the home institution/laboratory of the Applicant.
An STSM should specifically contribute to the scientific objectives of the WECANet COST Action.
STSM must respect the following criteria:
• They must have a minimum duration of 5 calendar days that includes travel.
• STSM need to be carried out in their entirety within a single Grant Period and always within the Action’s lifetime.
Dates clefs de l'appel à projet
- 22/04/2021 - Launch of the 6th call
- 15/05/2021 - Deadline for the 6th call