The successful candidate will join the ‘Marine Energy Council’ (MEC) in London, a national-level representation of the UK ocean energy sector (‘the sector’). The MEC has so far operated as a network of companies and people aiming at further developing ocean energy in the UK and this position will help structure its action and strengthen its visibility.
The candidate’s main objective will be to raise the profile of the sector and ensure that it receives the support necessary to further develop and expand. This requires effective communication of the sector’s potential, its wider contribution to society, and its policy and funding needs. Messages should be delivered to those at both functionary and political levels within the UK government, who can help deliver on these needs.
He/she is responsible for the definition and implementation of advocacy strategy, in close cooperation with the UK Marine Energy Council and Ocean Energy Europe. He/she will build and maintain a close relationship with sectoral players, and will consult closely when devising messaging and policy positions.
Description du poste
Policy & Lobbying
- Define the yearly policy/advocacy strategy in consultation with OEE, the UK Marine Energy Council and the marine energy sector (‘the sector’).
- Ensure the sector is well known and understood at a national level and that messaging is consistent across the sector.
- Deliver lobbying campaigns to support sectoral need.
- Write policy documents – primarily position papers but also potentially larger publications.
- Identify media outreach and public relations opportunities and engage with the press.
- Conduct policy analysis to generate data and define main messages.
- Manage a programme of work to underpin the policy requirements and positions.
- Engage with external stakeholders including all UK industry associations.
- Engage with national-level lobby efforts in other European countries to ensure coordination – e.g. France, Ireland, Portugal, Spain, the UK
Services to the Sector
- Regular engagement with UK ocean energy players
- Support the Marine Energy Council and all UK marine energy players
- Write briefings on key UK funding opportunities and new legislation
- Consult the sector on policy dossiers
Modalités de candidature
Please send your cover letter and CV by 10 December 2019 on: https://www.indeed.co.uk