At SIMEC Atlantis Energy (SAE) we have set ourselves an audacious goal of becoming one of the largest independent generators of sustainable energy in Europe. SAE is a global developer of renewable and sustainable energy projects with more than 1,000 megawatts of power projects in various stages of development which includes the world’s flagship tidal stream project, MeyGen.
Reporting to the Operations & Maintenance (O&M) Manager, this is an exciting opportunity for an experienced engineer to join our team operating the world’s first tidal array to lead the array performance monitoring, operation and maintenance.
Description du poste
- Monitoring Array Production, assessing the conversion of tidal power to grid power against KPIs
- Implementing, reviewing and updating the Asset Management Strategy to maintain array availability and system efficiencies
- Turbine condition monitoring and assessment:
- Assessment and trending of time series data against system interdependencies
- Vibration monitoring of specific subcomponents
- Performing, implementing and automating fault finding of Tidal Turbines, HV switchgear, Power Converter Units & Protection Systems to return to production as quickly as possible
- Weekly and monthly reporting
- Maintenance planning and co-ordination of onshore and offshore assets
- Administration and reporting against O&M budget demonstrating value for money
- Site control and co-ordination of works, onshore and offshore
- Ensuring business awareness and application of relevant industry standards, codes, regulations and specifications, e.g. electrical health and safety, grid codes, etc.
Modalités de candidature
When applying, please include your CV and a cover letter on : https://simecatlantis.com/careers/operations-engineer/
The closing date for all applications is Friday, 26th April 2019 at 5pm (GMT).