The FLOAting Wind Energy netwoRk (FLOAWER) will provide 13 Early Stage Researchers (ESR) with an interdisciplinary training with the aim to design better performing, economically viable floating wind turbines.
FLOAWER network uniquely gathers outstanding academics and FOW industrial leaders, covering the entire offshore wind industry value chain (i.e. farm developers, offshore subsystem suppliers -turbine, floater, mooring- and wind resource specialists). FLOAWER multidisciplinary approach will endow the ESR with scientific, technical, and soft skills to train the new generation of high-profile scientists and engineers, provide them with enhanced career perspectives and address offshore wind energy industry needs.
FLOAWER will strengthen European wind energy industry leadership and competitiveness.
Description du poste
ESR 1: Wind resource assessment in deep waters through space-distributed measurement systems
Work-package: 4 – Wind Resource Assessment in Deep Waters
Host: Centrale Nantes (ECN)
Supervisors: Prof. Sandrine Aubrun and Dr. Yves Perignon
Duration: 36 months
1. Wind Resource characterization of the ECN sea test site SEM-REV
2. Relevance and reliability of the deployed instrumentation to assess the wind resource on the specific site SEM-REV
3. Relevance and reliability of the deployed instrumentation to assess the wind resource in other sites
4. A set of transfer functions between the different measurement systems in order to identify the better compromise between robustness, reliability and costs to assess wind resource in deep waters
Planned secondments: University of Stuttgart (3 months) and EOLFI (3 months)
Modalités de candidature
All applications proceed through the on-line recruitment portal on the FLOAWER website (http://www.floawer-h2020.eu). Candidates can apply electronically to several PhD positions within a scientific Work Package, indicating their order of preference. Requested application details include a detailed CV, as well as Bachelor and Master degree transcripts. The deadline for the on-line registration is December 31, 2019. The selected candidates are evaluated and interviewed by the Recruitment and Skill Progress Committee. FLOAWER is strongly committed to promoting equal opportunities and gender balance as part of the recruitment strategy.
Applicants need to fully respect three eligibility criteria (to be demonstrated in the CV):
- As the core of the MSCA-ITNs is researcher mobility, at the time of commencing their FLOAWER employment, researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of their (recruiting) host organisation for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to their recruitment. Short stays, such as holidays, are not taken into account.
- Applicants must at the first day of their FLOAWER employment contract, be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research career and have not been awarded a doctoral degree. This research experience is measured FROM the date when they obtain the degree which formally entitles them to embark on a doctorate (either in the country in which the degree was obtained or in the country in which the researcher is recruited, even if a doctorate was never started or envisaged). Research Experience is measured TO the first day of the FLOAWER employment contract of the researcher.
- English language proficiency: ESRs must demonstrate proficiency in both written and spoken English. This is mandatory for the ESRs to take full advantage of the training program.