Centrale Nantes is a French Education and Research establishment with a strong focus on mechanical engineering. One of its research fields concerns marine and ocean engineering, supported by several CNRS Labs (hydrodynamics, structures, materials, soil mechanics and robotics), large experimental facilities (wave tanks, wind tunnel) and a supercomputing facility.
In this context, the CNRS LHEEA Lab, has developed considerable expertise in Marine Renewable Energy (WEC, FOWT, MCT) over the last 25 years as a partner in European and international projects and networks. To complete its research means and expertise, Centrale Nantes launched the development of a multi-technology offshore test site (SEM-REV) in 2007 for MRE testing in real conditions. SEM-REV development has been co-funded by Europe (ERDF),
the French government, the Pays de la Loire Region, the Loire Atlantique area and the CNRS.
SEM-REV is now operational with generic permits obtained in 2014 to test WEC, FOWT and their components. Several collaborative research projects have been launched since 2012 and the first large scale demonstrators will be installed in 2017. SEM-REV is also part of the test facilities of the French THEOREM infrastructure, launched in 2016 by Centrale Nantes and Ifremer.
Project development and test site maintenance are managed by a specific team in the LHEEA Lab, composed of about 8 full time technicians and research engineers from different fields of expertise, based in Le Croisic and Nantes.
Description du poste
The list of duties detailed below is not intended to be exclusive or restrictive and may be subject to modification. Management of the SEM-REV test site, i.e. team management and organisation, project coordination, academic and
industrial relations, relations with administrative authorities and funding bodies. Development of the future SEM-REV activities in term of promotion, demo-project development, collaborative projects. Represent Centrale Nantes for SEM-REV activities with regard to specific MRE organisms and events.
Management of SEM-REV:
- Management of the SEM-REV team in the context of the Centrale Nantes organisation and departments;
- Coordination of existing SEM-REV projects with SEM-REV project managers;
- Management of test preparation and test programs, including installation, O&M and dismantling. Ensuring that the test site is always fully operational;
- Relations with legal authorities concerning permit obligations and marine safety / security procedures;
- Reporting to Centrale Nantes Management with regard to SEM-REV activities, legal obligations, responsibilities and risks;
- Contractual and financial coordination of SEM-REV projects in relation with funding bodies;
- Increase efficiency of operational conditions and OPEX and development of QA procedures.
Development of SEM-REV activities and demo-projects:
- Identification of MRE technologies and component innovations with developers;
- Promotion strategy and actions plan to facilitate SEM-REV access to developers;
- Development of demo-projects including tests on SEM-REV, with Centrale Nantes as subcontractor and/or as partner.
Modalités de candidature
Pour candidater, envoyez un CV de 2 pages et une lettre de motivation détaillant votre correspondance avec le poste :
Ecole Centrale de Nantes – Direction des Ressources Humaines
1 Rue de la Noë
44321 NANTES Cedex 3