To lead and direct the wider business through provision of expert advice and knowledge to shape/inform Government Policy, organisational approach for Wales and stakeholder agendas for their assigned sector(s).
Ensure compliance with NRW regulatory Principles in all relevant regimes.
Support towards development of the regulation service plan, and technical steers.
Specialist advice to teams to influence permitting, compliance and enforcement with regulatory regimes.
Coordination and development of guidance.
Site based regulation (Environment Permitting Regulations including water discharge consents).
Species licensing, Assents and Consents for protected sites.
Description du poste
The post holder will:
- Be the principle point of contact with the relevant UK and Welsh Trade Associations, Government Departments and environmental regulators, both UK and European, to share information and work together on the development of operational policy and new legislation, interpretation of relevant legislation, advice and guidance for the specific sector(s) and areas of responsibility.
- Maintain a detailed working knowledge of the assigned sector(s) identifying the implications of legislative, technology and market changes for Natural Resources Wales and the sector(s).
- Support the development and training of staff across NRW by applying technical, legislative and regulatory knowledge and experience.
- Lead and project manage specific and complex issues inc. commissions by RBB) to enable consistent and appropriate understanding and application by staff that enables effective regulatory service provision.
- Contribute to the delivery of the team’s business plan, the directorate delivery plan and NRWs corporate plan.
- Support the mentoring and coaching of Advisors within the team to ensure that the team has sufficient technical and legislative resilience for your assigned area of work.
- Advise on evidence needs and opportunities, commission evidence & project manage evidence projects, in line with the agreed evidence programme.
- Design monitoring and evaluation frameworks of regulation interventions to inform assessment of the need for improvements in regulation and permitting processes by NRW.