To provide specialist lead/support on the assessment and determination of complex Marine Licence applications in accordance with NRW Policy, processes, guidance and procedures.
To provide specialist expertise to cover the Marine regimes relevant legislation.
To be accountable for non-routine strategic permitting work needed to ensure NRW are issuing effective permits in line with changing legislation and regulatory requirements.
To work closely with Marine team members and across the Permitting Service, to share both routine and non-routine work to maximise efficiency and utilise individual strengths.
Description du poste
The post holder will:
- Lead on complex licence determination and decision making under marine permitting legislation by carrying out appropriate technical assessment in accordance with NRW policies and procedures where available, and issue, refuse or vary permits within timescales.
- Lead on influencing and implementing mentoring and coaching frameworks to aid technical development of other permitting officers within Marine Licensing and where applicable throughout the permitting service, ensuring consistency in approach.
- Extensive experience of permitting decision making using a range of technical guidance as required by the Marine Licensing regime.
- Lead on supporting operational teams by providing specialist expertise in pre-application discussions and post licence work for a range of application types within the field of Marine Licensing.
- Identify and deliver opportunities for process and procedural changes.
- Deliver an efficient and effective service by co-ordinating change that leads to improved internal and external stakeholder experience of the Permitting Service.
- Co-ordinate and lead in preparing defence in relation to legal challenges against licence decisions for your assigned area of work.
- Represent the Permitting Service on relevant internal technical groups and relevant external stakeholder events.