At SIMEC Atlantis Energy (SAE) we have set ourselves an audacious goal of becoming one of the largest independent generators of sustainable energy in Europe. SAE is a global developer of renewable and sustainable energy projects with more than 1,000 megawatts of power projects in various stages of development which includes the world’s flagship tidal stream project, MeyGen, and the largest waste to energy conversion project in Europe, Uskmouth Power Station.
The MeyGen project has overall resource potential of a further 392MW, a seabed lease and consents secured for 80MW of tidal capacity and grid connection agreements for connecting up to 237MW, in addition to the existing 6MW operational array. The Atlantis project delivery team based in Edinburgh are currently developing the 80MW consented phase of the project with a target operations date of 2024. Alongside development of this 80MW tidal array Atlantis plans to develop a large scale data centre near the MeyGen site into which MeyGen would be able to sell power directly via a private wire network. Additionally development works are ongoing to facilitate a data centre to be deployed much sooner than this to draw on the energy output from the existing tidal array and will potentially be sized to also purchase power from other renewable energy projects in the area.
Atlantis is in discussions with world leading data centre operators to progress plans for the data centre and facilitate the expansion of MeyGen using the Scottish supply chain. We’re seeking to recruit a Senior Project Manager to lead the integrated development and delivery programme for the MeyGen project, data centre and the associated private wire networks.
Description du poste
- Responsibility for stakeholder management in relation to the MeyGen project, liaising with a broad range of internal (technical, commercial, legal, financial) and external (government, trade bodies, data centre and tidal technology partners, other renewable energy developers, grid and consenting authorities, advisors) stakeholders to obtain requisite partnerships, approvals, consents and support
- Develop and execute a detailed project execution plan to take the project to financial close
- Develop and execute a funding strategy to take the project to financial close
- Ensure all necessary consenting, wayleaves, grid connection, seabed, land, resource and other key project workstreams are managed and negotiated effectively to achieve timely conclusion of the MeyGen and data centre development project
- Day to day management of MeyGen project team to achieve project objectives
- Development and negotiation of Power Purchase Agreement terms with data centre operators
- Development and securing onshore planning permissions for large scale data centre
- Development of the large scale tidal array design
- Development and execution of a contracting strategy for the construction of the tidal array and private wire network with the objective to agree EPC contract(s) on terms necessary for project finance to be secured
- Responsibility for local supply chain engagement and procurement activities for the projects
- Manage the development of accurate DEVEX, CAPEX and OPEX forecasts and subsequent responsibility for managing approved budgets
- Responsible for engaging with data centre operators and representing the company at data centre industry events
Modalités de candidature
When applying, please submit your CV and a Cover Letter on line : https://simecatlantis.com/careers/senior-project-manager/
The closing date for all applications is Sunday 13th October 2019.