To lead on the provision of maritime ornithology technical and specialist advice relating to marine developments, including offshore renewable energy. This advice will shape and inform Government and NRW decisions, programmes, plans, guidance and strategies. You will work with colleagues from other teams in NRW, officials from Welsh Government and sector representatives.
Description du poste
The post holder will:
- Prepare technical assessments, drawing on a range of complex information and data in relation to maritime ornithology.
- Provide specialist technical advice internally to directly inform NRW’s external casework responses, and also internal casework determination where NRW is the regulator, (for example, marine licenses). Internal advice will also directly inform NRW’s marine and coastal management functions.
- Provide specialist technical advice externally to (a) developers and regulators at a local, regional and national level, (b) regional and national stakeholder fora and (c) expert witness role at inquiries as appropriate.
- Lead development of relevant casework guidance.
- Develop procedures, tools and guidance and lead the delivery of new ways of working. Inform the development of NRW, Welsh Government and other Partners policy, statutory advice and guidance documents.
- Liaise with external stakeholders such as sector representatives, Welsh Government, partners, JNCC and other Environment Bodies in the UK to ensure the timely and effective delivery of project, policy or strategy obligations.
- Advise on evidence gaps and project manage agreed evidence projects, in line with the agreed evidence programme.
- Contribute to task and finish groups, commissioned through the Business Boards, to prepare defined products as required.
Modalités de candidature
|Application closing date||26 February 2020|
|Interview to take place on||16/03/2020 – 27/03/2020|
|To apply send your completed application form email@example.com|
|If you have any queries, contact||Gabrielle Wyn and Kirsten Ramsay Gabrielle.Wyn@cyfoethnaturiolcymru.gov.uk|