General framework of the activity
IFSTTAR is a major player in the European research on the city and the territories, transportation and civil engineering.
The French Institute of Science and Technology for Transport, Development and Networks, born on January 1st 2011, from the merger of INRETS and LCPC, is a Public Institution of a Scientific and Technical Nature, under the joint supervision of the Ministry of Environment, Energy and the Sea and the ministry of higher education and research.
Specific skills in the MRE field
- The choice and development of materials according to the environment (including innovative materials)
- Knowledge of degradation mode
- Choice of sustainability indicators
- Choice and development of methods for determining indicators (destructive or not)
- Declension in terms of monitoring and maintenance (SHM)
Test facilities applicable to MRE
- Geotechnical centrifuge,
- Cable fatigue test bench,
- Mechanical test bench,
- “Semi-anéchoïque” room,
- “Centrale de malaxage”, …
Products or services in MRE
- Département MAST (Materials and strctures) : Concretes in submarines (construction and indicators of durability), metallic materials and structures (fatigue and corrosion, including for cables), cables, composites, gluing.
- Département GERS (Geotechnical engineering, Environment, Natural hazards and Earth sciences Department): Soil mechanics, soil-structure interactions, erosion, sedimentation, END.
- Département COSYS : Monitoring, detection, fault localization, sensor networks, databases, dedicated web applications, instrumented composites.
- Département AME : Acoustics (numerical modeling and experimental characterization).
Projects in MRE
- Fondeol2 : Degradation modes of wind turbine foundations, metal jacket, SHM
- Surffeol : Monitoring of off-shore wind turbine foundations
- Océagen : Qualification of floating mooring cables
- Everest : Instrumented composite blades