General framework of the activity
The LPG-BIAF’s research focuses on “Marine Systems in Transition”, with two main themes:
- 1. the functioning of current ecosystems, coastal and marine, benthic and planktonic
- 2. the development of bio-geochemical proxies:
- and 3 main skills:
- 1. fossilizable microorganisms (benthic and planktonic foraminifers),
- 2. geochemistry (diagenetic reactions and sediment chemistry, isotopic composition and trace elements of foraminiferal tests),
- 3. sedimentology (sediment dynamics and flows).
Specific skills in the MRE field
- Development of biochemical markers to assess the impact of EMR technologies on the marine environment.
- Marine geosciences (geochemistry, sedimentology, oceanography)
Test facilities applicable to MRE
- Geochemical analysis laboratory
- Portable spectrometers for performing analyzes at sea.
Projects in MRE
HOOPLA project “New methodological approaches for impact study of offshore wind power farming structures on benthic habitats: case study of a Haploops field” within the WEAMEC call for Research project.