The EMS Annual Meeting: European Conference for Applied Meteorology and Climatology 2019 is held at the Technical University of Denmark (DTU) on the Lyngby Campus near Copenhagen, Denmark, from 9 to 13 September 2019. The conference is open to the scientists of all nations.
The session on ENERGY METEOROLOGY is in the program stream “Operational Systems and Applications” (OSA), “Applications of Meteorology” (OSA2) in session (OSA2.3). Contributions from all energy meteorology fields are invited with a focus on the following topics:
• Wind and turbulence profiles with respect to wind energy applications (measurements and theory) including wakes within a wind farm;
• Clouds and aerosol properties with respect to solar energy applications (measurements and theory);
• Marine renewable energy (wind, wave, tidal, marine current, osmotic, thermal);
• Meteorology and biomass for energy;
• Impact of wind and solar energy farms and biomass crops on local, regional and global meteorology;
• The use of numerical models and remote sensing (ground based and from satellites) for renewable energy assessment studies;
• Research on now-casting, short term forecasts (minutes to day) and ensemble forecasts and its application in the energy sector;
• Quantification of the variability of renewable resources in space and time and its integration into power systems;
• Impacts of long term climate change and variability on power systems (e.g., changes in renewable resources or demand characteristics);
• Practical experience using meteorological information in energy related applications.
Deadline for abstract submission, applications for the Tromp foundation travel award to young scientists (TFTAYS) and the registration fee waiver: 12 April 2019.