The European Wave and Tidal Energy Conference (EWTEC) series are international, technical and scientific conferences, focussed on ocean renewable energy. A total of 600 people from about 40 countries worldwide attended the 11th EWTEC Conference in Nantes, France. This conference was organized by Centrale Nantes and Research Laboratory in Hydrodynamics, Energetics and Atmospheric Environment (LHEEA-UMR Centrale Nantes/CNRS UMR6598).
60 parallel technical sessions
The 300 papers selected by the international selection committee after peer review were presented in 60 parallel sessions from Monday to Thursday noon.
The sessions topics were defined following the EWTEC thematic tracks:
- wave / tidal resource characterization
- wave / tidal device development and testing
- wave / tidal hydrodynamic modelling & structural mechanics
- grid integration, PTO & control
- station keeping, mooring, material, fatigue, loadings,..
- environmental impact and appraisal
- economical, social, legal & political aspect of MRE
You can find the full papers by purchasing the proceedings of the conference here.
Public exhibition about MRE
On the occasion of the EWTEC 2015 conference, the LHEEA lab organized a public exhibition on Marine Renewable Energies. The exhibition aims to introduce the public to the different types of emerging marine renewable energies, describing the operating principles and the maturity of the technologies, highlighting the remaining technological and scientific challenges.