General framework of the training offer
This continuous training is intended to players from Marine Renewable Energy market who want to improve their skills and to those who wish to develop their activity and to break into this emergent market. This training is conceived with a double objective: to develop business markets and to increase the employability of the people who will follow these courses.
These modules allow to increase an expertise in each theme. They will be programmed on demand, according to the people who express their interest.
The “Expert modules” were designed by teachers from Centrale Nantes and Nantes University within the framework of WEAMEC.
To register, use the information form:
- Distribution of sedimentary deposits in oceanic and coastal areas.
- Identification of living sedimentary formations and fossil sedimentary formations in the continental shelf.
- Transport of sands by bedload and in suspension, conditions of movement of sands subjected to the action of swell and current. Coastal drift caused by a swell, changes in the coastline of sandy beaches, protection of beaches and impact of coastal engineering works on the coastline.
- Transport of fine suspended sediments, resuspension conditions, deposition conditions, settlement of freshly deposited sediments.
- Description of the resistance to hydrodynamic agents of cohesive and non cohesive sediments. Phenomena of erosion and scour. Methods of combating scour.
- Exercises and practical applications.
- Experimental study of the conditions of suspension of sand.
- Autonomous individual project: creation of a fact sheet on a topic of practical interest in relation to this teaching unit.
Specific contribution to MRE
The “sediment transport” module will enable you to acquire the skills necessary to carry out field work in sediment dynamics and to take into account the mobility of sediments in the design of marine structures subject to the action of the Swell and other dynamic agents.