General framework of the training offer
This continuous training is intended to players from Marine Renewable Energy market who want to improve their skills and to those who wish to develop their activity and to break into this emergent market. This training is conceived with a double objective: to develop business markets and to increase the employability of the people who will follow these courses.
These modules allow to increase an expertise in each theme. They will be programmed on demand, according to the people who express their interest.
The “Expert modules” were designed by teachers from Centrale Nantes and Nantes University within the framework of WEAMEC.
To register, use the information form:
State of the Art of Recovery of Wave Energy
- Resource and market
- History and panorama of technologies
- Elements of returns and technical-economic performance
- Methodologies for development and maturation of wave technologies
Numerical and experimental assessment of the performance of the wave energy
- Wave / Structure Interaction Calculation Reminder
- Power-Take-Off: technologies and modeling
- Environmental modeling reminders
- Multi-body numerical modeling of wave systems
- Tests of basin-based wave systems
- Effects of wave interactions in parks
Control of wave energy converters
- Optimum control of wave energy converters
- Suboptimal controls
Practical work: numerical study of the performance of a wave energy converters both time domain and frequency domain without and with control
Specific contribution to MRE
The “Wave Energy Recovery” module will enable you to evaluate and optimize the performance of wave energy recovery systems.
- Know the state of the art of wave energy recovery technologies
- Knowledge of methodologies for the development and maturation of wave energy recovery technologies
- To acquire the skills needed to evaluate and optimize the energy performance of these systems