Carnegie Clean Energy Limited is a renewable energy technology company, focused on developing its world leading patented CETO wave energy technology. The global potential for marine renewable energy is enormous and Carnegie is well positioned to capitalise upon this. Carnegie is working to significantly improve the CETO design through the electrification of the power-take-off system and enhancement of the associated rotary translation system, which converts the linear motion of the buoy into rotary motion suitable for an electrical generator.
Carnegie is seeking a Electrical Machine Expert to join the technical team and work closely with other engineers across a broad range of disciplines in executing the technology development plan. Reporting to the Carnegie’s Chief Technology Officer, this position will be responsible for providing technical expertise and knowhow to the simulation, sizing, specification, procurement and operation of advanced rotating electrical machines applied to the CETO power-take-off. In-depth knowledge of relevant electrical engineering principles in the design of electrical machines will be required, alongside a thorough understanding of the associated power electronics, mechanical design and integration of such machines into an overall power generation drivetrain.
- Deliver electrical engineering expertise for the design and specification of rotating electrical machines and associated electronics
- Develop computer models and undertake simulations to evaluate the behaviour and performance of the sub-system stand-alone and integrated with overall system models
- Contribute to the overall CETO design through integration of electrical machine solution, including management of mechanical integration design
- Assess performance of various rotating electrical machine options to validate design selections, and optimise overall CETO performance
- Provide costing knowledge in preparation of budget estimates for CETO devices, focused on power-take-off
- Manage relationships with electrical machine suppliers, to deliver optimal technical and commercial outcomes from procurement activities
- Deliver electrical engineering expertise in the design of wider power generation electrical systems, including electrical energy storage, power electronics, and grid connection
How to apply
Applications, including covering letter, CV and answers to the application questions below, should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org in PDF format with “Electrical Machine Expert” in the subject title. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Confidentiality is assured.
- Are you eligible to work in Australia?
- How many years experience do you have in a similar role?
- What is your expected salary?
- Do you have a relevant degree or tertiary qualification?
- Describe your ideal work environment in 3 words.