The FLOAting Wind Energy netwoRk (FLOAWER) will provide 13 Early Stage Researchers (ESR) with an interdisciplinary training with the aim to design better performing, economically viable floating wind turbines.
FLOAWER network uniquely gathers outstanding academics and FOW industrial leaders, covering the entire offshore wind industry value chain (i.e. farm developers, offshore subsystem suppliers -turbine, floater, mooring- and wind resource specialists). FLOAWER multidisciplinary approach will endow the ESR with scientific, technical, and soft skills to train the new generation of high-profile scientists and engineers, provide them with enhanced career perspectives and address offshore wind energy industry needs.
FLOAWER will strengthen European wind energy industry leadership and competitiveness.
ESR10: Dynamics and interaction of floating turbines
Work-package: 6 – Dynamics of Wind Turbines
Host: University of Oldenburg (UOLD)
Supervisors: Prof. Joachim Peinke and Dr. Michael Hölling
Duration: 36 months
1. Experimental investigations of a turbine array of model WTs mimicking floating motions exposed to stochastically realistic wind fields
2. Analysis of resulting turbine’s dynamic response
3. Development of a stochastic description of the overall floating WT system
Planned secondments: Politecnico di Milano (3 months) and GICON (3 months)
How to apply
Please send your application via email with the reference FWESR10 until May 31st, 2020 to:
Dr. Michael Hölling, email: email@example.com
If application via email is not possible, please send all application documents via mail
Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg
Institute of Physics
ForWind – Center for Wind Energy Research
Dr. Michael Hölling
26129 Oldenburg, Germany
Applicants need to fully respect three eligibility criteria (to be demonstrated in the CV):
- As the core of the MSCA-ITNs is researcher mobility, at the time of commencing their FLOAWER employment, researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of their (recruiting) host organisation for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to their recruitment. Short stays, such as holidays, are not taken into account.
- Applicants must at the first day of their FLOAWER employment contract, be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research career and have not been awarded a doctoral degree. This research experience is measured FROM the date when they obtain the degree which formally entitles them to embark on a doctorate (either in the country in which the degree was obtained or in the country in which the researcher is recruited, even if a doctorate was never started or envisaged). Research Experience is measured TO the first day of the FLOAWER employment contract of the researcher.
- English language proficiency: ESRs must demonstrate proficiency in both written and spoken English. This is mandatory for the ESRs to take full advantage of the training program.