The technology called SHM (Structural Health Monitoring) is used to maintain the product quality in the time. Their main objectives are to ensure the health of structures, extend their life and to anticipate their failures. SHM is therefore part of a strategy that is both economical and safety.
Scientific advances and innovation
- The adaptation of the Morphosense ribbon (developed by CEA) for the reconstruction of curves applied to modal analysis and dynamic measurement of structures
- The system sensors-structure modeling which link the measures with mechanical structure behavioral
- Identification and detection algorithms to monitor the mast structure during the operation of the wind turbine
Expected technical and economic impact
- Predictive maintenance of MRE structures
- Reduced maintenance facility costs (OPEX)
- Remote monitoring and real-time health status
- Extend the life of the offshore installations
Key project milestones
- November 2014 - Project kick-off
- January 2016 - Analysis of wind turbine structure behavior
- January 2017 - Predictive model
Complete monitoring system : sensor nodes, data transmission, software and IHM.