The objective of the project is to carry out an exploratory study on the logistic problems of the offshore wind sector and to identify the industrial needs in decision making tools to manage and optimize the logistic activities of the stakeholders, in Pays de la Loire Region and particularly the Nantes-Saint-Nazaire area.
The aim of the project is to identify the problems, the issues and possible solutions, in connection with concerned actors and to write the specifications of the tools to develop in the future. It will also be necessary to identify relevant partners and to write a synthetic document to be able to answer to a future call for proposal for a research project on this topic. The identified problems and proposed solutions will be focussed on the Pays de la Loire region, but will be generic to be applied in other contexts. A first optimization model for the MRE supply chain will be proposed in order to validate the approach and the solution methods to use will be identified.
The various steps of the project will be the following:
- Detailed study of the supply chain of the MRE in Pays de la Loire : identify the stakeholders and the logistics activities for bottom fixed and floating offshore wind in the Region,
- Identification of the constraints linked to the associated logistics,
- Identification of the industrial needs for decision tools to optimize de concerned flows,
- Scientific state of the art and state of the art on industrial practices on other areas,
- First analysis of the problematic and collection of information,
- Development of an optimization model and identification of solution methods,
- Preparation of the specifications of decision tools for logistics,
- Development of a research project and preparation of the answer to a call for proposal.
Scientific advances and innovation
- Propose a study of the logistics of the offshore wind sector and its specificities in the Saint-Nazaire Region, from the onshore productio area, to installation site at sea.
- Propose specifications for the development of a decision support tool for the flow planning for offshore wind industry
- Taking into account at the same time the hazards of manufacture, transport and weather.
Expected technical and economic impact
- Raise awareness of the importance of optimizing logistics flows among industry, from the harbour to the sea.
- Provide practical solutions to meet the challenges of the sector.
- Carry out an exploratory study of the logistics problematic of the MRE and identify the associated scientific barriers
Key project milestones
- November 2017 - Kick off meeting
- March 2018 - Industrial and scientific state of the art
- June 2018 - Specifications of a decision support tool
- August 2018 - Prototype for the optimization of MRE flows
- November 2018 - Final report
Development of a prototype of a flow optimization computer tool.
- Answer to a national call for projects to finance the development of the proposed decision support tool