- Need for optimization tools of the architecture of RME parks: taking into account technical and economical constraints.
- Techno-economic approach: development of cost models, exploitation models, maintenance and availability models.
Scientific advances and innovation
- For now: models are available for AC distributions. Studies are made only on HVDC links.
- Integration of a hybridization between AC and DC.
- Elaborate a simulation tool able to manage exogenous constraints, made for the definition of optimal architectures.
Expected technical and economic impact
- Model the economical and technical constraints in offshore wind farms.
- Optimize the architecture of such installations with DC distribution and transportation electrical network.
- Increase the efficiency and the profitability of RME installations.
Key project milestones
October 2016 - Project kick-off
October 2017 - Model synthesis and optimization problem formulation
October 2018 - The optimization platform is operational
October 2019 - End of project (PhD defense)
- Optimization platform for RME parks architectures.
- Creation of a technical and economical reference.
- Comparison between DC and AC architectures.
TRL level (project start>end)