The European Commission (DG MARE) published a call for projects in October 2018 for projects entitled “Blue Economy” under the EMFF.
The global call, with a total value of € 18.7 million, covers the following three topics:
- EMFF-01-2018 (Topic 1) – Blue Labs: innovative solutions for maritime challenges
- EMFF-02-2018 (Topic 2) – Blue Careers in Europe
- EMFF-03-2018 (Topic 3) – Grants for the Blue Economy: investing in innovation
Here we focus on Theme 3: Blue Economy Grants: Investing in Innovation.
The objectives of this call for projects are:
- Support demonstration projects to accelerate the launch of solutions for the blue economy and facilitate access to financing for these actors.
Among the subjects supported we retain the following having a proven link with the Ocean Energy
- Physical sensors and imaging, satellite technologies, advanced materials, ICT, big data analysis, autonomous systems, underwater engineering, and / or technology transfer from a different sector maritime industries.
The expected for these demonstration projects are:
- Priority will be given to projects with the support of a private investor.
- The expected maturity level for these demonstration projects is TRL 6 to TRL9.
Key dates in the call for project
- 23 October 2018 - Launch of the call
- 31 January 2019 - Deadline of the call