Pillar1: Excellent science
- Radical vision: the project must address a clear and radical vision, enabled by a new technology concept that challenges current paradigms. In particular, research to advance on the roadmap of a well-established technological paradigm, even if high-risk, will not be funded.
- Breakthrough technological target: the project must target a novel and ambitious science-to-technology breakthrough as a first proof of concept for its vision. In particular, blue-sky exploratory research without a clear technological objective will not be funded.
- Ambitious interdisciplinary research for achieving the technological breakthrough and that opens up new areas of investigation. In particular, projects with only low-risk incremental research, even if interdisciplinary, will not be funded.
- Scientific and technological contributions to the foundation of a new future technology
Potential for future social or economic impact or market creation
Building leading research and innovation capacity across Europe by involvement of key actors that can make a difference in the future, for example excellent young researchers, ambitious high-tech SMEs or first-time participants (as individual) to FET under Horizon 2020.
Key dates in the call for project
- 7 November 2017 - Opening date
- 16 May 2018 - Deadline call n°1
- 24 January 2019 - Deadline call n°2
- 18 September 2019 - Deadline call n°3
- 13 May 2020 - Deadline call n°4