This document describes the International Stategy of WEAMEC.
Further details can be found in the Additional document section.
STRUCTURING DEVELOPMENT AXES
WEAMEC international strategy must focus on strategic development areas based on the pre-existing forces of the ecosystem, which need to be strengthened :
- WEAMEC Research and Innovation roadmap
- Basins and sea test sites networks
- International training
Following the discussions held during WEAMEC workshops, the 7 structural partnerships to focus on have been validated. The identified partners are involved at different levels in the three themes structuring the WEAMEC international strategy:
- Denmark : DTU Wind, Aalborg University et DanWEC
- Scotland: Edinburgh University associated with EMEC and Flowave
- Germany: Fraunhofer IWES & IEE with Kiel University, Stuttgart University and TU Darmstadt
- Ireland : MaREI (Marine Renewable Energy Ireland) including Cork University, NUI Galway, University College Dublin, University College Cork / Beaufort Building (including LiR / National Ocean Test Facility)
- Norway : SINTEF Group, including 7 institutes including MARINTEK and associated with NTNU / Trondheim
- Portugal : WavEC Offshore Renewables.
- USA: The Massachussets ecosystem including the NorthEastern University