The robotized 3D Laser Vibrometer platform, 3DVIB, offers research expertise combined with equipment unique in France to perform non-contact and non-destructive (optical), fast and repeatable (robotization) vibration measurements with high resolution and accuracy.
The 3DVIB platform is composed of a 3D scanning laser vibrometer that allows complex 3D vibration fields to be measured without any contact, over an optimized production time and robotization guarantees operation on small or large industrial structures with complex shapes:
- Non-contact 3D vibration measurements to avoid changing the structure response
- High frequency and spatial resolutions
- 3 infrared lasers for optically non-cooperative surfaces.
- Import / geometry measurement
- Complex 3D structure and significant measurable dimension.
- Automated measurements: speed and repeatability
This means of 3D vibratory measurement is unique in France in this robotic version.
The structures studied can be of small dimensions, such as electronic cards for example, and of larger dimensions such as a motor vehicle currently. The means is now based at ENSIM. In 2022 it will be implemented in the Acoustic Technocampus in Le Mans, and the robot will be installed on a linear axis of 10 meters. This linear axis will allow to measure structures of larger dimensions.
ROBOVIB robotic test station from Polytec:
- LASER Scanning Vibrometer PSV-500-3D Xtra
- Industrial robot (KUKA) KR 120 R3500K Prime
LASER scanning Vibrometer PSV-500-3D:
- 100 kHz frequency band
- Resolution up to 0.03 µm.s-1 √Hz
- Vibration speed up to 10 m.s-1
- Vibration pots: 10N to 1000N
- Classic and automatic impact hammers
Complementary measurement systems:
- Force, impedance and force sensors
- Infrared thermal camera
- Fast camera
- Holographic acoustic antennas and path formation
The 3DVIB robotized 3D Laser Vibrometer platform is a versatile equipment allowing to validate models and to optimize large dimensional structures from vibration measurements in the 3 directions.
The platform offers an offer adapted to industrial prospects and enables R&D work to be carried out, in particular:
- The performance of structural dynamics tests
- The realization of complete 3D vibration mapping
- Analysis of operational deformities
- Experimental modal analyses
- Order analyses
- NVH (Noise, Vibration and Harshness) quantification
- The development of new methods for characterizing complex materials and structures
- The development of large structural non-destructive testing methods
- Diagnosis before/after fatigue test
Example of MRE applications
The 3DVIB robotized 3D Laser Vibrometer platform allows dynamic tests of large parts or structures. Thus, it can be used to perform complete 3D vibration analyses of composite and/or metallic parts and structures used in the field of MRE, like the blades of wind turbines that are getting bigger and bigger with the increased power of turbines:
- Conduct a fine 3D vibration analysis
- Feeding and repositioning dynamic numerical behaviour models
These tests contribute to the response to industrial challenges such as:
- Lightening of structures (design assistance)
- Reliability of structures
- Functionalization of structures