It will be one of the most powerful french regional computing center providing access to levels of accuracy not yet achieved releasing new innovative potentials.
- 11th fastest french Tier-2 computer in academic and research segments.
- +280 TFlop/s System Based on X86 architecture running 6 384 cores.
- 266 bi-socket nodes Intel Xeon E5-2860v3 2.5GHz 12 coeurs, 14 of them for visualization with 28 GPUs on NVIDIA K80 cards.
- A total of 36 000 Gigabytes of system memory, 5.33 GB per core.
- A high-speed interconnect network InfiniBand FDR (56 GBps) between nodes.
- +900TB High Performance Distributed and Parallel Storage Spectrum Scale.
- Compute nodes are exclusively cooled with warm water using the BULL’s Direct Liquid Cooling concept reducing by third the electrical consumption.
- Facilities are located in the Nantes Central Campus secured by survey cameras and limited nominative card access and personal pin.
- Compute OnDemand, subscription available on line:http://ici.ec-nantes.fr/hpc/register
- HPC and 3D Remote Visualization optimized through a web portal BULL XCS.
- Submissions batch system with SLURM.
- Technical Support done by HPC and system experts.
- Training Courses OnDemand; Linux, HPC, parallel programming, etc.
- Courses and Tutorials are freely available online as Open Licence.
Example of MRE applications
- Monolithic approach and fluid coupling (air) / fluid (water) / structure (wind)
- Immersed Volume Methods
- Adaptive multiphase flow model and discrete by finite elements
- Development of a direct model, without simplifications
- Multiphase CFD massively parallel code, highly scalable and associated to the Pays de la Loire Area SuperComputing Facilities.
- Wind turbines and offshore wind turbines simulations, simulation based on actual data (laser, satellites, sonar, etc.), aerodynamic simulation on submersive objects and simulations of swells, currents and seabeds.