General framework of the training offer
This continuous training is intended to players from Marine Renewable Energy market who want to improve their skills and to those who wish to develop their activity and to break into this emergent market. This training is conceived with a double objective: to develop business markets and to increase the employability of the people who will follow these courses.
These modules allow to increase an expertise in each theme. They will be programmed on demand, according to the people who express their interest.
The “Expert modules” were designed by teachers from Centrale Nantes and Nantes University within the framework of WEAMEC.
To register, use the information form:
- Context and physical constraints to take into account (environment)
- Background of offshore oil & gas and MRE specificities
- Description of equipment (and materials) and existing architectures
- Design requirements and standards, safety factors (DNV-GL, API, BV)
- Methods and computational tool, contribution of experimental studies
- Follow-up in operation and monitoring
- Installation method
- Constraints for a farm (interaction, mutualization)
- Installation, maintenance and acquisition cost
- Application examples for MRE
- Practical exercises (with DeepLines or Orcaflex)
- Barriers and R&D studies in process and to lead for MRE
Specific contribution to MRE
The module « Installation and mooring » will allow you to choose and design adapted mooring system but also control the installation requirements and maintenance of these systems.
At the end of the training you will be able to propose solutions and a technical and economic optimization for mooring systems in MRE floating farm(wind turbines, wave energy, tidal energy, ocean thermal energy conversion).