For more than 30 years, CIFRE – Industrial Training Conventions by the Research – subsidized any French company that hires a doctoral student to place it at the heart of a research collaboration with a public laboratory. The work will culminate in the defense of a thesis (CIFRE PhD) in three years.
The CIFREs are fully funded by the Ministry of Higher Education and Research, which has entrusted the implementation to the ANRT.
Context & Conditions
- Depends on the ANRT
- 13,000 beneficiaries since 1981 ~ 1400 CIFRES / YEAR
- Business / Lab / PhD Partnership
- 3 types: Conventions / Defense (DGA) / France-Morocco (CNRST)
- CDI or CDD of 36 months
- The ANRT on behalf of the Ministry in charge of Research pays the company an annual subsidy of € 14,000 for 3 years for a gross annual salary, on a permanent contract contract or a three-year fixed-term contract, at least equal to 23,484 €.
- Like any expenditure contributing to the development of a company’s R & D, the remaining costs are eligible for the Research Tax Credit (RTC) of 30%.
- Expenses incurred in collaboration with the academic research laboratory may also be eligible for the Research Tax Credit.
- Success rate 80%
- Cotutelle with a possible foreign laboratory
- Possibility to apply for the whole year
- Lengthy period for adoption: 3 months
- IP Returns to Industrial (unless agreed to)
- The institution retains the freedom to use the results for its own research
MORE INFORMATION WITH:
- Personalized information (companies & laboratories)
- CIFRE telephone “discovery” 15 minutes via the website
- CIFRE breakfasts at the ANRT from 9h00 to 10h30:
- 3th of october 2017
- Possibility of cotutelle with foreign laboratory
- Possibility of Twin CIFRE with a doctoral student
Key dates in the call for project
- Call - Permanently open