The Innovation Fund is one of the world’s largest funding programmes for demonstration of innovative low-carbon technologies.
The Innovation Fund delegated regulation defines as ‘large-scale’ projects with capital expenditure above EUR 7.5 million.
The Innovation Fund focuses on:
- Innovative low-carbon technologies and processes in energy intensive industries, including products substituting carbon intensive ones
- Carbon capture and utilisation (CCU)
- Construction and operation of carbon capture and storage (CCS)
- Innovative renewable energy generation
- Energy storage
Objective of the Innovation Fund Large Scale Projects call:
Support Large-scale projects projects demonstrating highly innovative technologies, processes or products, that are sufficiently mature and have a significant potential to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Key elements of first call for large-scale projects
The first call will fund clean energy and clean industry innovative investments to contribute to the green recovery of EU economy and maintain the momentum in EU journey to climate neutrality:
Online Webinar on the 14th July 2020
A webinar on the application process of this first call of the Innovation Fund is organised by the EC on the 14th July 2020 at 2pm CET and it will be webstreamed (no registration needed).
Key dates in the call for project
- 7 July 2020 - Opening
- 29 October 2020 - Deadline Phase 1
- 23 June 2021 - 2nd stage Deadline