The Innovation Fund is one of the world’s largest funding programmes for demonstration of innovative low-carbon technologies.
The Innovation Fund delegated regulation defines as ‘large-scale’ projects with capital expenditure above EUR 7.5 million.
The Innovation Fund focuses on:
- Innovative low-carbon technologies and processes in energy intensive industries, including products substituting carbon intensive ones
- Carbon capture and utilisation (CCU)
- Construction and operation of carbon capture and storage (CCS)
- Innovative renewable energy generation
- Energy storage
Objective of the Innovation Fund Large Scale Projects call:
Support Large-scale projects projects demonstrating highly innovative technologies, processes or products, that are sufficiently mature and have a significant potential to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Key elements of first call for large-scale projects
The first call will fund clean energy and clean industry innovative investments to contribute to the green recovery of EU economy and maintain the momentum in EU journey to climate neutrality:
Online Webinar from the 14th July 2020
A webinar on the application process of this first call of the Innovation Fund has been organised by the EC on the 14th July 2020.
Key dates in the call for project
- 26 octobre 2021 - Launch of the second large-scale call
- 3 mars 2022 - Deadline for submission of applications
- Q3 2022 - Information on evaluation results (expected)