The Innovation Fund is one of the world’s largest funding programmes for demonstration of innovative low-carbon technologies.
The Innovation Fund delegated regulation defines as ‘small-scale’ projects with capital expenditure above between 2.5M€ and 7.5M€.
It focuses on:
- Innovative low-carbon technologies and processes in energy intensive industries, including products substituting carbon intensive ones
- Carbon capture and utilisation (CCU)
- Construction and operation of carbon capture and storage (CCS)
- Innovative renewable energy generation
- Energy storage
Objective of the Innovation Fund Small Scale Projects call:
Support small-scale projects projects demonstrating highly innovative technologies, processes or products, that are sufficiently mature and have a significant potential to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Key elements of first call for small-scale projects
The first call will fund clean energy and clean industry innovative investments to contribute to the green recovery of EU economy and maintain the momentum in EU journey to climate neutrality:
Online Webinar from the 9th December 2020
Key dates in the call for project
- 1st December 2020 - Opening of the call
- 10 March 2021 - Deadline of the call