PORTOS Project is piloted by Universidad do Porto and funded under the INTERREG Atlantic Area program, aims to assess, develop and promote the integrated use of renewable energy resources in the ports of the defined Atlantic Area and to increase their energy efficiency, and thus establish a roadmap for a sustainable and competitive sector.
THE 2ND CALL PORTOS IS OPEN!
This call offers companies in the renewable energy sector (wind, tidal, wave energy, solar) a support system to access test facilities located in the Atlantic Area. Depending on the applications received, the winners of the call may be awarded up to 2 weeks of tests.
This call is open until October 2, 2020.
Test facilities involved in the project
- Universidade do Porto –Portugal –multidirectional wave basin;
- Universidade de Santiago de Compostela –Spain –wave/current flume;
- Fundacion Instituto de HidraulicaAmbientalde Cantabria –Spain –large wave flume;
- University of Plymouth –England –wave flume and wave basin;
- Ecole d’Ingenieurs en Genie des Systemes Industriels –France –technical assessment of novel technologies;
- Universidad de Oviedo –Spain –numerical modelling of novel technologies
Details of these test facilities and their offer are described at the bottom of the page in the Test Facility Specifications.
Test facilities for this 2nd Call
Only the following test facilities are concerned by this 2nd call:
- Universidade de Santiago de Compostela – Spain –wave/current flume;
- Ecole d’Ingenieurs en Genie des Systemes Industriels –France – technical assessment of novel technologies;
- Universidad de Oviedo –Spain – numerical modelling of novel technologies.
Key dates in the call for project
- September 2020 - Launch of the 2nd call
- 2nd October 2020 - Deadline of the 2nd call