The Testing Expertise and Access for Marine Energy Research (TEAMER™) program, sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) and directed by the Pacific Ocean Energy Trust (POET), will accelerate that process through 2-3 annual open funding calls over each of the next three years to support developers seeking access to the nation’s best facilities and expertise. Over this time, TEAMER plans to distribute approximately $9 million through the periodic competitive opportunities (known as Requests for Technical Support, RFTSs) to support marine renewable energy (MRE) testing and development projects.
SUMMARY OF TEAMER PROGRAM RULES
- The TEAMER Program provides marine renewable energy (“MRE”) technology developers with access to a network of United States based testing facilities and can provide testing support and expertise to test and validate technologies harvesting ocean waves or current.
- TEAMER funding is not available for manufacturing or design of marine energy devices.
- TEAMER funding for facility use is provided directly to the TEAMER Facility.
- All intellectual property rights related to the TEAMER Program will be governed by the TEAMER Intellectual Property Management Plan.
Key dates in the call for project
- 26 May 2020 - Opening of the Call for Access n° 1
- 2 June 2020 - Informational Webinar
- 31 July 2020 - Closing Call for Acess n°1