ENSTA Bretagne (https://www.ensta-bretagne.fr/en) is a French engineering school that graduates general engineers in Naval and Oshore Architecture (among other specializations). Research activities are carried out in collaboration with Institut de Recherche Dupuis de Lôme (CNRS UMR 6027, https://irdl.fr/). Since 2016, ENSTA Bretagne is one of the two academical partners of the project Windkeeper that is supported by ADEME (Agence de Developpement et de la Maitrise de l’Energie https://www.ademe.fr/en). The project Windkeeper (https://www.ademe.fr/windkeeper) aims at designing and building a SWATH for maintenance of Oshore Wind Turbines. CNIM (https://cnim.com/en) is the industrial partner that designs and builds the SWATH. In the frame of this project, ENSTA Bretagne is developing tools for the hull shape optimization. The recruited fellow will work on this thematics.
Description du poste
The position is oered to Doctors and possibly to Master’s graduates (depending on his/her academical background). The objectives of the research work are:
1. audit the experimental data concerning SWATH,
2. validate the seakeeping codes that will be used for SWATH,
3. design a numerical tool connecting the geometry and the computation seakeeping softwares,
4. analyze the sensitivity of the hydrodynamical characteristics with geometrical parameters,
5. build a meta-model for SWATH hydrodynamic performances.
Modalités de candidature
- Expected starting date: September or October 2020
- Duration: 2 years contract
- Final date for applications: August 31, 2020.
Please send your CV and cover letter to the following email address: