EOLFI is a company specializing in the renewable energy sector for floating offshore wind, onshore wind and photovoltaics, developing its own ENR solutions, on behalf of third-party investors or in partnership with local authorities. EOLFI is an operator with a global offer and manages projects in France and abroad. Since December 2019, EOLFI has joined the Shell Group.
Description du poste
The Construction manager is responsible for defining and managing the strategy and associated means and processes and activities for the construction of floating offshore wind project(s), ensuring a safe and smooth manufacturing during the pre and post-FID steps of such project(s). He / she will manage the time, budget, scope, specifications, quality, risk, interfaces, safety and resources (if any) within his/her workstream /suppliers / contractors.
This position is part of the Technical Services team that supports the GBI project (% of his/her time to be defined) and other floating offshore wind developments worldwide. In coordination with the Company’s entities, Construction Manager is responsible for coordinating all activities related to the supply chain for the manufacturing of the company’s floating wind projects, on the following aspects:
- Manage aspects related to the construction for all floating projects, being the technical reference for the manufacturing aspects of projects in France and international.
- Identify and manage resources needed (if any) to implement his/her missions.
- Manage and ensure proper manufacturing by subcontractors.
- Ensure that HSE requirements (« 0 accident ») and quality (QA/QC, non-compliance management – NCR, quality plan – ITP, audits, etc.) are considered in liaison with HSE and QA/QC managers.
- Prepare, conduct and manage tenders related to the construction scope (Employer’s Requirements, functional specifications, Scope of Works, Request For Information/Quotes/Purchase – RFI/Q/P, EPCI contracts, selection of subcontractors…) in coordination with the technical team and other departments involved in the projects (C&P, Finance, Innovation, P&T…).
- Participate in the drafting and negotiation of contracts (and framework agreements if any) associated with construction; Develop sound long term relationships and even partnerships with Tier 1 and/or 2 suppliers and be the « focal point » of the exchanges for his/her scope.
- Provide his/her technical expertise on the pre-construction processes (engineering, procurement) of project’s assets as turbines, floaters, cables, offshore substation (OSS) in order to optimize projects on commercial, financial and technical aspects.
- Ensure that construction constraints are properly integrated within interfaces with other main Work Packages of projects (turbines, floaters, cables, OSS, ports, commissioning, O&M etc.) and other project stakeholders, both domestic (development, environmental studies, impact studies, permit applications, legal, shareholders, etc.) as well as external ones (Certification, TSO, factories, construction yards and / or ports, logistics, etc.), facilitating interdisciplinary cooperation.
- Review and manage the documentation related to construction and ensure that it is well integrated into the project process (especially HSE and QA/QC including ITP, NCR, inspection and/or acceptance tests), not forgetting about the final documentation / as built (Vendor Data Book) that will be the basis of operations & maintenance; Ensure and formalize reporting, feedback, close documentation and build a reference document base on his/her scope.
- Follow the technological developments necessary to improve construction activities (within QHSE, planning, costs…).
- Define (in agreement with the Work Packages and C&P managers) the strategy of construction including the management of Long Lead Items and negotiation of claims and/or variations and/or change orders with suppliers and subcontractors.
- Proactively manage planning and risks and opportunities for his/her scope; Bring technical expertise in order to optimize projects on the commercial, financial and technical aspects.
- Support Valuation to establish construction budgets (CAPEX) and construction values related to LCOE.
- Prepare and track the execution progress of the construction base (building, warehouse, Port facilities); Ensure that stakeholders and suppliers respect safety, costs, quality and timeline.
- Interface and ability to effectively communicate with everyone from Contractors to Project Team.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple subcontractors and relationships simultaneously and to manage multiple people from all types of fields of expertise.
- Proactive approach to work, possess a high degree of autonomy and initiatives.
- Reports operationally to the Project Managers and hierarchically to the Technical Services Manager.