EOLFI is a company specializing in the renewable energy sector for floating offshore wind, onshore wind and photovoltaics, developing its own ENR solutions, on behalf of third-party investors or in partnership with local authorities. EOLFI is an operator with a global offer and manages projects in France and abroad. Since December 2019, EOLFI has joined the Shell Group.
Description du poste
The Offshore Installation engineer is supporting the Transport & Installation (T&I) Package Manager who is responsible for defining and managing the strategy and associated means and processes and activities for the Transport & Installation of floating offshore wind project(s) worldwide, ensuring it safe and smooth. He / she will support the management of the time, budget, scope, specifications, quality, risk, interfaces, safety and resources (if any) within his/her workstream.
This position is part of the Technical Services team that supports the GBI project (% of his/her time to be defined) and other floating offshore wind projects and developments worldwide. In coordination with the Company’s entities, Offshore Installation Engineer is supporting the coordination of all activities related to the development, implementation and operation of the company’s floating wind projects, on the following aspects:
- Support topics related to the Offshore Installation for all floating offshore wind projects in France and internationally.
- Ensure that HSE requirements (« 0 accident ») and quality (QA/QC, non-compliance management – NCR, quality plan – ITP, audits, etc.) are considered.
- Support preparation and process of tenders related to the Offshore Installation scope (Employer’s Requirements, functional specifications, Scope of Works, Request For Information/Quotes/Purchase – RFI/Q/P, selection of subcontractors…) in coordination with the T&I Package Manager, the technical team and other departments involved in the projects (C&P, Finance, Innovation, P&T…).
- Participate in the drafting (and potentially negotiation) of contracts and framework agreements associated with Offshore Installation; Support development of relationships and even partnerships with Tier 1 Contractors and service providers.
- Ensure that Offshore Installation constraints are properly integrated within interfaces with other main Work Packages of projects (turbines, floaters, cables, ports, supply chain, O&M etc.) and other project stakeholders, both domestic (development, environmental studies, impact studies, permit applications, legal, shareholders, etc.) as well as external ones (Certification, MWS, Client’s Representatives, TSO, construction ports, logistics, etc.), facilitating interdisciplinary cooperation.
- Support review and management of the documentation related to Offshore Installation and ensure that it is well integrated into the project process and especially for the final documentation / as built (Vendor Data Book). Support T&I package manager who is ensuring and formalizing reporting, feedback / lessons learned, closing documentation and building a reference document base on his/her scope.
- Follow the technological developments necessary to improve Offshore Installation operations & activities (within QHSE, planning, costs…) and OPEX.
- Proactively manage the planning and the risks and opportunities for his package, especially for offshore operations to avoid weather stand-by and priorities between contractors, as well as co-activities.
- Proactively support management of planning and risks and opportunities for his/her scope; Bring technical expertise in order to optimize projects on the commercial, financial and technical aspects.
- Support for the Offshore Installation scope to Business Development and Commercial teams in the development of future projects in France and international.
- Interface and ability to effectively communicate with everyone from Contractors to Project Team.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple subcontractors and relationships simultaneously and to manage multiple people from all types of fields of expertise.
- Proactive approach to work, possess a high degree of autonomy and initiatives.
- Reports operationally to the Tender / Project Manager and hierarchically to the Technical Services Manager.