2H Offshore (www.2hoffshore.com) is seeking an enthusiastic, highly motivated Engineer student with an aptitude for analytical work for its development in Renewable Energy sector.
With the expansion of Offshore Wind Turbine in France and in the world, the noise emitted during installation and its impact on marine fauna is now considered to be an important issue. As a result, noise pollution is now considered during the installation studies and need to be quantify.
Description du poste
Integrated in our project team, this internship aims to cover the following topics:
• State of the art of underwater mitigation measures
• Review of 2H and sister companies design & Installation methodology
• Develop a case study on a driven monopile WTG foundation including:
• A drivability analysis to identify appropriate hammer size, energy profile and duration of piling of a wind turbine foundation
• Airborne noise at source, analysis to estimate the resulting noise levels near the source of the foundation
• Far field airborne noise, analysis to estimate the resulting noise levels at receptor levels
• Propose Improvement on methodology
• Prepare a tentative 2H design practice methodology
The successful candidate will perform design activities including calculations, dynamic structural analysis, and system configurations for a variety of subsea structures. She/he will study acceptable structural and noise performance of the designs, whilst considering the functional, fabrication, installation, and in-service requirements. The role will also involve extensive communication of technical results and conclusions to other members of the team – including meetings, presentations, and the preparation of written reports, and other deliverables.
2H uses several software packages, from specialist riser analysis tools such as Flexcom, OrcaFlex and SACS to general-purpose finite element analysis and design tools such as ANSYS and Solidworks.
Modalités de candidature
How to Apply & Conditions
The present offer is opened to apply from 15 September to 30 November 2021
• Offer is opened to EU Schools and universities
• Minimum level degree is Master of Science degree level
• Minimum duration of the training is 6 Months
• Tentative beginning of the training is Q1 / 2021 depending on School/Universities calendar
• Application to firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com
2H offers a vibrant work environment where technical excellence, operational delivery, continuous improvement, and teamwork are highly regarded. There is also plenty of opportunity for international travel (subject to COVID restrictions), career development, and broadening your horizons into different areas of engineering within 2H’s business.
Position will be in 2H office in Paris La Défense.
In addition, we offer:
• Structured training
• Support with professional engineering qualifications
• Fun team atmosphere, team building and regular social events
• Flexible working hours
• Wage according to French Regulations
• Reimbursement of Paris and suburbs public transportation (Pass Navigo)
• Days off according to French Regulations