Systems engineering is a cross-functional engineering discipline centered on an approach, mindset, and process. All activities that consider both the business and the technical needs of the customers with the goal of providing a quality product that meets the users needs. The discipline that executes a robust process of design, creation, and optimization of systems, consisting of identification and quantification of system requirements, creation of alternate system design concepts, performance of design trade studies, selection and implementation of the best designs and verification that the design is properly integrated and executed. Process that proceeds from concept to production to operation.
Owns/influences budgets and operating plans. The role is guided by operating policy. Works with cross functional teams. The role has autonomy within the operational area or a segment within a larger business unit. The role may have a major impact on a small business unit or Family within a Function or P&L. High levels of evaluative judgment and operational acumen are required to achieve outcomes.
Description du poste
The Systems Manager is responsible for the overall system engineering of projects and platforms related to the corresponding platform series of wind turbines. He leads a team of System Integration Leaders that are responsible for clear interface management between the sub-system of the turbine, requirements flow-down of system level requirements to component level requirements, configuration & life-cycle management.
He will have demonstrated wind turbine system expertise to provide technical leadership in the development and implementation of NPI, RTS and strategic projects.
The Systems Manager will have responsibility for system level trades and decisions, contribution to and approval of requirements (through DMs) and customer facing technical documents, and direct contributions to projects as a system engineer.
As System Manager, you will:
- Manage and develop the Systems Engineering team, comprising of a group of System Integration leaders for the various product configurations. This team is responsible for interface management between the sub-system of the turbine, requirements flow-down of system level requirements to component level requirements (cost, reliability, performance, RAMS, etc), configuration & life-cycle management.
- Own the technical quality of the overall wind turbine product.
- Lead the technical workstream of the wind turbine product development
- Provide wind turbine system expertise through all phases of product development, from requirements definition through design and development, validation, and product life-cycle support
- Lead and/or oversee system conceptual design studies and trade-offs that address product CTQs such as cost, power performance, noise, reliability & operability
- Contribute to and approve system requirements (through Design Memos)
- Contribute to and approve customer facing technical documents
- Demonstrates accountability for strategic initiatives affecting the platform products
- Responsible for complex assignments with long-term business implications, impacting the products’ technical success
- Establish design strategies, contribute to multi-generation system and technology plans in conjunction with Platform and Sub-system Managers
- Establish first principle” wind turbine system design methodologies to improve overall system optimization and physics based understanding
- Effectively communicate and provide recommendations through analysis, preparation and presentation of technical material to internal and external audiences
- Contribute to new and revised design practices
- Demonstrate effective risk mitigation and technical problem solving
- Drive simplification and standardization of best practices into engineering analyses, validation, and design execution
Modalités de candidature