The FLOAting Wind Energy netwoRk (FLOAWER) will provide 13 Early Stage Researchers (ESR) with an interdisciplinary training with the aim to design better performing, economically viable floating wind turbines.
FLOAWER network uniquely gathers outstanding academics and FOW industrial leaders, covering the entire offshore wind industry value chain (i.e. farm developers, offshore subsystem suppliers -turbine, floater, mooring- and wind resource specialists). FLOAWER multidisciplinary approach will endow the ESR with scientific, technical, and soft skills to train the new generation of high-profile scientists and engineers, provide them with enhanced career perspectives and address offshore wind energy industry needs.
FLOAWER will strengthen European wind energy industry leadership and competitiveness.
Description du poste
ESR6: Advanced physical Modelling Methods for Floating Wind Turbines
Work-package: 5 – Advanced Floater Analysis
Host: University College of Cork (UCC)
Supervisors: Prof. Jimmy Murphy and Dr. Cian Desmond
Duration: 36 months
1. Perform a set of high quality validation from physical testing of an elemental floating object.
2. Perform a set of high quality validation data for a floating wind energy platform with both aerodynamic and hydrodynamic effects.
3. LCOE analysis outputs.
Planned secondments: Centrale Nantes (3 months) and Aerodyn (3 months)
Modalités de candidature
All applications proceed through the on-line recruitment portal on the FLOAWER website (http://www.floawer-h2020.eu). Candidates can apply electronically to several PhD positions within a scientific Work Package, indicating their order of preference. Requested application details include a detailed CV, as well as Bachelor and Master degree transcripts. The deadline for the on-line registration is December 31, 2019. The selected candidates are evaluated and interviewed by the Recruitment and Skill Progress Committee. FLOAWER is strongly committed to promoting equal opportunities and gender balance as part of the recruitment strategy.
Applicants need to fully respect three eligibility criteria (to be demonstrated in the CV):
- As the core of the MSCA-ITNs is researcher mobility, at the time of commencing their FLOAWER employment, researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of their (recruiting) host organisation for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to their recruitment. Short stays, such as holidays, are not taken into account.
- Applicants must at the first day of their FLOAWER employment contract, be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research career and have not been awarded a doctoral degree. This research experience is measured FROM the date when they obtain the degree which formally entitles them to embark on a doctorate (either in the country in which the degree was obtained or in the country in which the researcher is recruited, even if a doctorate was never started or envisaged). Research Experience is measured TO the first day of the FLOAWER employment contract of the researcher.
- English language proficiency: ESRs must demonstrate proficiency in both written and spoken English. This is mandatory for the ESRs to take full advantage of the training program.