The Pacific Marine Energy Center (PMEC) at Oregon State University is recruiting a post-doctoral scholar to support our cutting-edge marine energy research, development, and testing programs. PMEC has a number of exciting multi-disciplinary R&D projects on the go and is looking for an inquisitive, self-motivated, and passionate PostDoc to join our team.
Specifically, PMEC is recruiting a post-doc to support two new Department of Energy and US Navy projects to develop new foundational understanding of sub-surface wave energy resources, development of new methodologies to upscale wave energy converter (WEC) performance characteristics, and play a leadership role in the numerical and physical modelling (in the O.H. Hinsdale Wave Research Laboratory) of scaled WECs.
Description du poste
- Lead a team of graduate and undergraduate students to conduct rigorous, cutting-edge R&D.
- Lead, or support, technology testing and validation in the O.H. Hinsdale Wave Research Laboratory
- Lead, or support, the development of new hydrodynamic models for offshore sub-surface and hybrid renewable energy systems.
- Disseminate research findings through high-impact research journals and academic conferences.
- Collaborate with PMEC Director and PMEC-affiliated faculty at OSU.
- Collaborate across engineering, social science, liberal arts and humanities research streams.