Following the roadmap defined in the PPE (Programmation Pluriannuelle de l’Energie), the French government is launching offshore wind tenders processes on a regular basis: Normandy (AO4, ongoing, 1GW, bottom fixed), Brittany (AO5, ongoing, 250MW, floating), Mediterranean (AO6, floating), etc. The objective of the State is to award 1GW of offshore wind capacity per year from 2024.
Iberdrola is prequalified for AO4 and AO5 and aims to pursue its long-term growth plan in the French renewable energy market.
Description du poste
Key Responsibilities :
In direct relation with the Country Director and Steering Committee, the Senior Bid Manager is accountable for the delivery of Iberdrola future bids, starting with AO4 and AO5. In this sense, he/she is responsible for managing all offshore wind tendering activities in France, including:
(i) Market analysis
(ii) Prequalification process, including potential strategic partnerships
(iii) Competitive dialogue
(iv) Bid preparation, approval process and submission
Additionally, he/she oversees the development of the Offshore Wind pipeline of Iberdrola in France, beyond AO4 and AO5, jointly with the Country Director.
1- Organizational strategy
The Senior Bid Manager manages an international cross-functional bid team (internal and external to Iberdrola’s organization), in charge of the bids preparation, with activities such as: Engineering, Design, Supply Chain / Contracts, Construction, O&M, Environment, Stakeholders Management, Legal, Financial, etc.
In particular, he/she is responsible to:
• Optimize bid team coordination and efforts that will be deployed on each tender
• Capitalize lessons learnt to streamline internal tender procedures
• Reinforce the internal bid preparation processes and Iberdrola’s win strategy in France (partnerships, externalization, internal resources,
organization, tools, templates, etc.), in line with Iberdrola’s best practices and processes and after internal approval
• Represent Iberdrola in front of stakeholders (officials, , clusters, etc.)
2- Bid Strategy
The Senior Bid Manager is accountable for the delivery of Iberdrola’s bids. He ensures that the preparation and execution of the bid is carried out effectively, within tender deadlines and Iberdrola’s management guidelines. He / She will focus on establishing winning strategies for future French tenders.
His / her responsibilities include:
• Defining bid strategies in relation with the Iberdrola’s bid team leaders and as per the Cahier des Charges (tender specifications)
• Facilitating decision-making in terms of windfarms design and layout, supply chain strategy (including local content), construction, O&M,
environment, stakeholders’ strategy (including sea users), financial and business aspects, …
• Coordinating the bid team, communicating with bid team leaders and supporting the team for key challenges and issues
• Coordinating, preparing, reviewing and challenging tenders’ deliverables
• Maintaining direct communication and coordination with Iberdrola Offshore organization at operational level and with Steering Committee
and Iberdrola’s management (information / reporting, strategy approval, milestones, final bid approvals, etc.).
Modalités de candidature