As a leader in floating, offshore wind energy, Principle Power is focused on the commercial-scale deployment of floating wind farms. The successful candidate will work on the engineering and design of the next generation of offshore floating wind turbines.
In particular, the candidate will be responsible for executing various R&D projects relating to the design of the WindFloat and floating offshore wind farms. R&D projects will include both external collaborations funded through federal grants as well as other internal initiatives in line with our technology roadmap.
This work will be performed under general supervision of the R&D team. However, the candidate should be a self-motivated individual who is able to work independently and take ownership of the projects.
Description du poste
Work on Research and Development projects may include:
- Metocean analysis, site characterization, and load case definition.
- Hydrodynamic and Aerodynamic Analysis –stability, coupled analysis, motions, load mapping, control system interface, etc.
- Preliminary Mooring design and analysis – specifically for shallow and deep-water projects using innovative station keeping systems.
- Global Performance engineering and analysis work relating to digital twins such as: scaled model test design and planning, verification, and validation of digital twin software versus numerical models and asset performance.
- Writing scientific documentation for: scopes of work, analysis reports, user’s guide, input files, grant applications, etc.