General framework of the activity
Charier is a company of public works, earthworks, asbestos removal and civil engineering. It has 5 major trades:
- CHARIER Quarries & Materials Recycling operates and manages 16 massive rock quarries for multiple local uses: roads, buildings, major development and public works.
- CHARIER Roads & Urban Works builds for its public, private or individual customers road infrastructure, commercial and industrial platforms. It controls the entire production chain, has a suitable equipment park and today offers a wide range of innovative products including the reuse of recycled materials.
- CHARIER earthworks participates in regional planning by excavating major regional and national infrastructures, industrial and urban sites.
- CHARIER civil engineering offers its customers cutting-edge skills for tailor-made solutions in the field of civil engineering, special works, maritime and river works.
- CHARIER Deconstruction Asbestos Removal provides, with its experienced staff and its own equipment, the deconstruction of industrial buildings and high-rise buildings, as well as cleaning operations and partial demolition.
Specific skills in the MRE field
Charier civil engineering has an agency based in Nantes and is an important actor in maritime work in the west.
Recent significant achievements including a part of design:
- The Fremm pontoon, a design realization: a reinforced concrete floating structure 160 meters long, 17 meters wide, 8500 tons. It is a work subject to maritime conditions and constraints. The main problem encountered was the important coating and the use of concretes
- Port of Roscoff – Bloscon: Creation of a new pleasure pool including a rip rap dike of 550 ml in length and the digging of the port by dredging and removal of 120 000m3. Construction of 150 ml of reinforced concrete wharf, reinforced pile-reinforced concrete breakwater, 9 reinforced concrete breakwater pontoons and pile driving (diameter 406 to 1200). More than 20000 m3 of cast concrete.
- Reinforcement of the water intake dock in Saint-Nazaire: 64 piles, diameter 1020 mm and length 30 to 32 m in a rectangle of 42 m by 27 m. A concrete slab reinforced with a meter of thickness strongly solicited to allow the passage of a convoy of 6500 tons on multi axles
Projects in MRE
Charier leads many reflections currently in partnership with the company CETEAL on the feasibility and the implementation of concrete supports of large sections for tidal turbines:
- Answering on tenders on the wind farms’ landings in partnership
- Reflections on anti-scouring implementation operations
- Supply of Charier quarry materials for the protection of submarine cables