General framework of the activity
EPI is an independent engineering company that has provided consultancy and expertise in energy and infrastructure for over 25 years. Our customers build or operate highly complex industrial installations or in aggressive environments.
We support our clients to integrate all types of energy production (wind, tidal, thermal, hydrogen, emergency production, etc.) to interface them on all kinds of transport and energy distribution networks thanks to our expertise with the main energy network operators in France.
Our mastery of automated systems allows us to integrate control/command systems from different backgrounds and create unified control and supervision systems.
Our experience allows us to design architectures and select solutions that meet the fundamental challenges of security, cost, availability and maintainability.
Specific skills in the MRE field
• Integration studies of renewable production in electricity networks
• Modeling of the behavior of complex HV/MV electrical networks
• Implementation of IEC 61850 for the interoperability of protection and control applications
• Expertise in control/command systems in isolated sites
• Design of electrical substations in constrained environments (Gas Insulated Substatio)
• Direct design in digital model (BIM)
• Multi-energy integration (power-to-gas)
Projects in MRE
We are carrying out pre-project studies to design 33 kV/90 kV and 33 kV/225 kV metal-enclosed transformer stations intended to be submerged for tidal turbine farms’ offshore connection power of 500 MW.
• Multiple compact equipment options with a high level of availability and which can operate entirely remotely
• Establishment of the architectures and calculation notes
• Advice and expertise for the client to choose strategic equipment