General framework of the activity
INNOSEA is an independent engineering firm specialized in Marine Renewable Energies (MRE): offshore wind (fixed and floating), tidal energy, wave energy, ocean thermal energy, etc … INNOSEA is a spin-off company from the Ecole Centrale de Nantes.
INNOSEA offers technical expertise and multidisciplinary engineering services for MRE systems and production farms. Our competencies aim to increase the profitability of our Client’s projects while preserving the integrity of the systems through their life cycle. Therefore, INNOSEA commercializes engineering solutions tailored to design machines and marine energy production farms.
Our team of MRE experts includes engineers and doctors specializing in aerodynamics, hydrodynamics, structural analysis and geotechnical engineering. Using numerical modeling of offshore structures for design and engineering phases is a key asset of the company.
Specific skills in the MRE field
INNOSEA offers to its customers a range of services covering the development cycle of MRE technologies (concept studies, basic engineering, detailed engineering, testing, pre-certification, …). INNOSEA conducts specialist studies to improve the profitability of the production farms: Aerodynamics of turbines and wind farms, Hydrodynamics of offshore structures, Structural calculations and Geotechnical soil-structure interaction analysis.
INNOSEA supports its customers in the development of a technology or a production farm with for the following services:
- Pre-project and resource assessment, uncertainty calculations;
- Detailed studies : detailed design and engineering, economic evaluation, cost control;
- Conducting model-scale tests and full scale experimentations;
- Standards and Certification calculations;
- Offshore project engineering: development of pilot sites or production plants, Assistance in project management;
- Specialized technical studies: Mooring analysis, Submarine Electrical Cable connection analysis, Cable laying and installation studies.
Products or services in MRE
INNOSEA participates in the acceleration and growth of Renewable Energies by providing engineering expertise to our clients : utilities, technology and production array developers, manufacturers and installation operators. Our services are designed to increase the profitability and reliability of your projects while reducing all risks.
- Feasibility studies
- Site & Environment Data
- Basis of Design
- Foundation design
- WTG Load Assessment Iterations
- Construction analysis
- Installation engineering
- Metocean risk assessment
- Interface management
- Quality & HSSE
- Project management
- Soil-pile analysis
- Geotechnical analysis
- Sediment transport evaluation
- Hydrodynamic loads assessment
- Meteocean downtime calculations
- Turbine & Tower loads assessment
- Array aerodynamics
- Structural finite element analysis
- Codes & Standards compliance
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Intensive High-performance computing
Advisory & Strategy
- Market techno economic analysis
- Technology development support
- Development strategy
- Financial guidance
- Due diligence reviews
- Regional & national roadmaps
- Tariff support mechanisms screening
- MRE Policy recommendations
- Techno-Economic studies
- Levelised cost of energy
- Cost modelling
Projects in MRE
- Offshore wind projects: INNOSEA knowledge covers a wide range of technical engineering services related to Offshore Wind Farms.
- Floating wind turbines: INNOSEA team helps optimize and engineer the current and next wind generation floating wind turbines and substructures. We have strong simulation capacities for floating offshore wind turbine projects, based on a set of adapted and integrated simulation tools: aerodynamics and aero-elastics, hydrodynamics & structural engineering.
- Tidal energy: INNOSEA provide technical support from prototype design to tidal array development and have a detailed understanding of the current state of the sector. Our technical services include feasibility studies, device and array optimization, foundation design, Concept to Detailed design of substructures and also Balance of Plant engineering.
- Wave energy: Challenging technology development requires specialized technical expertise. Our mechanical engineers, naval architects and hydrodynamicsts help optimize a wave energy converter through the deployment phases.