General framework of the activity
SCM – Systèmes and Connectique du Mans is Independent Industrial actor whose mission is to help reduce green gas emissions.
SCM products and services, electrical and optical connectors and their integrations, are designed to support energy companies and their EPCIs through their energy transition by supporting their low carbon electricity programs.
Our Core skills revolve around connectors for harsh environments, mainly subsea and offshore applications. Our Product ranges cover wet- and dry-mate connectors for optical and electrical applications enables our clients to reduce their total lifecycle cost by providing a connection solution which is reliable, without maintenance, and suited to the application.
Our dedicated teams support our clients through the entire design process, from specification definition, interface management, integration, testing and installation to get the best electrical system.
Specific skills in the MRE field
Our company is fully integrated and covers all phases, from Sales and marketing, all the way to the installation worldwide:
- Design of Electrical & Optical connectors for offshore and subsea Environment
- Modelling and Finite element analysis of Thermal and Electrical behaviour of Electrical systems
- Mechanical calculations
- Material selection for marine & subsea environment
Manufacturing & Fabrication
- Machining of Corrosion Resistant Alloys (CRAs)
- Injection & Compression moulding
- Liquid Silicon Rubber moulding
- Thermal Treatments
- Assembly of large Electrical Harnesses
Testing of Electrical Connectors and assemblies.
Worldwide training and installation support.
Test facilities applicable to MRE
A world -class testing facility at your service:
- 8 generators: HVAC Testing up to 200kV and up to 2,000A- 200Hz per IEC 60270, 61238-1, 61442
- 11 pressure vessels:
- Combined Pressure (0-2,500bar) and Temperature (-20° to 200°C)
- Up to 900mm ID
- Up to 62m long
- Simulated Seawater testing to 5,000meters, including wet-mate tests.
- Salt-spray, mechanical and material testing.
Products or services in MRE
Engineering services for development of new products, or adaptation and integration of existing product to a specific application
Electrical and Optical Connectors, up to 145kV
Installation Services Worldwide
Projects in MRE
SCM worked with several partners and on several projects related to MRE:
- Hammerfest Strom Project with Andritz hydro
- Pelamis gen2 HV connection system
- Tidal Turbine w/ SHOSHIN Corporation
- Minesto Tidal kite