General framework of the activity
The CETIM, with its sites based in Senlis, Saint-Etienne and Nantes, is the technical center of mechanics bringing together a group of experts able to work around multidisciplinary projects. The Nantes site has material characterization resources as well as various test platforms (fatigue, endurance, fluids, sealing) and teams expert in assembly, mono or multi materials, metal or composite.
Photo : © Alstom Ocean
Specific skills in the MRE field
- Evaluation of saline coating solutions (anti-wear of blade, matt paints)
- Cathodic protection of structures
- Assistance and advice on design and manufacturing of welded joints (offshore jacket)
- Test faicilities and characterization on metallic and composite materials (physico-chemical, saline environment, aging, durability of composite structures in marine environment)
- Realization of fatigue tests on anchor chains (floating wind turbines)
- Realization of tightness tests on large joints (tidal turbines)
- Fluid test bench engineering, equipment qualification, numerical flow simulation.
Test facilities applicable to MRE
- Fatigue test platforms
- Test facilities and characterizing sealing systems
- Test facilities and characterization of metallic materials, composites
- Modular fluid and flow test hall, Computational Fluid Dynamic (CFD) and access to high computing
Products or services in MRE
- Design and calculation of kinematic chains
- Development of adapted monitoring or control systems
- Drafting aid for specification of polymer and composite materials and characterization of materials
- Slow tree control by ultrasound imaging
- Single or multi-material assembly solutions (metallic and composite)
- Degradation or failure analysis: audit, advice and on-site expertise.
- Advice on repairs and painting of structures or composite blades.
- Study / Estimation of lifetime (new design, residual life)
- Accompaniment to technology watch and innovation (search for patents, technological partners, potential study for innovative project leaders)
- Realization of Subsea Technological Demonstrators
Projects in MRE
- Monitoring of fixed offshore wind turbine – TOWER POWER
- Study on the aging of composites in marine environment and sizing of assemblies – ECOSAM2 – Jules Verne IRT project.
- Marine corrosion and facility sustainability (ADUSCOR – Jules Verne IRT Project)
- Robotic welding
Training in the MRE field
- Training in vibration analysis according to ISO 18436-2
- Welding training according to ISO 3834
- Non destructive testing training
- Training in the practice of damage analysis
- Training in pale repair methods
- Training in the painting of masts
- Corrosion training