General framework of the training offer
This continuous training provides training for professionals in fire safety on onshore and offshore wind turbines.
- Know the principles of combustion.
- Operate appropriate tools when fire starts by using fire extinguishers.
- Evacuate a wind turbine.
1/ Introduction and learning phase:
- Safety instructions and evacuation procedures.
- Principles of combustion : fire triangle, fire classes.
- Fire causes and the general dangers and specifically in wind turbine.
- The extinguishing processes and the different type of fire extinguishers.
- Evacuation of the wind turbine.
2/ Training on simulation:
- Individual intervention.
- Handling of the various fire extinguishers.
- Learning the Fire Approach.
3/ Training on real fire (firebox + real fire extinguishers) :
Extinction of real fires with explanations of the behaviors to follow and the fires evolutions.
4/ Training in a wind turbine with evacuation of a smoky space.
Specific contribution to MRE
The GWO certificate, recognized internationally by companies in the wind turbine sector, is granted at the end of the training course. It will give you operational employability to intervene on offshore wind turbines.
The contents and the organization of training is in compliance with « Global Wind Organisation Standard » Basic Safety training (BST) and Basic Safety Training Refresher (BSTR).
Validity of the module: the GWO certificate delivered is valid for 24 months.
MODULE REFRESHER FIRE AWERENESS – 6H – 1 DAY.