One more than 5000m², the Jules Verne climatic wind tunnel is able to simulate and analyze the wind behavior of full scale equipment’s facing extreme climates.
The Jules Verne climatic wind tunnel has two units:
- Heat exchangers , experimental test section recreating a wind reaching 140 km/h with temperatures from -32 ° to 55 ° C, 6 Fans and a maximum electricity power of 1000kW.
- Recreates a wind reaching 280 km/h with 3200 kW fans
- Analysis at full scale of the equipment behavior under natural wind, storm, sandstorm and wind dust.
- Analysis at full scale of the equipment behavior under extreme weather conditions: snow, rain, heat and cold.
Example of MRE applications
- Study of a floating wind turbine with swell simulation.
- Dynamic solicitations over cables and floats.